About the Event
The 25th Annual Houston Press Music Awards Showcase is once again celebrating the city's local thriving music scene. Local musicians have been nominated to receive a Houston Press Music Award by you, the readers! Over 100 bands have been nominated to receive a Houston Press Music Award and approximately 45 bands have been selected to perform at the Music Awards Showcase on Sunday, August 4th to represent the various different genres and talent our city has to offer. At the showcase, 45 bands will perform over 7 hours on 8 stages at the
House of Blues and surrounding areas. Wristbands are available for just $10 in advance and $15 at the door. Tickets go on sale Friday, July 12th at 10am.
Voting, sponsored by Bud Light, is currently taking place online until August 5th. Additionally, music lovers will be able to vote for their favorite local musicians on-site the day of the event via paper ballots located at all participating venues. The winners of the showcase will be announced at the 2013 Music Awards Ceremony on Tuesday, Aug 6th at Warehouse Live. The Music Awards Ceremony is free and open to the public. The ceremony will be held at Warehouse Live on Tuesday, August 6th from 7pm – 10pm.
Houston Press Music Awards is sponsored by Bud Light, DoNotBlow.com, Wire Road Studios, HoustonMiniDealers.com, Ciroc Amaretto and Ciroc Ultra Premium.
**** Headliner Just Announced ****
Girl in a Coma will be performing at 10:15pm on the House of Blues Main Stage to complete the night. All General Admission tickets are given access to see the show. VIP tickets are not available for purchase. VIP tickets include access to all 8 stages, the VIP Lounge in the Foundation Room at the House of Blues, 2 complimentary drinks, a Music Award Showcase T-Shirt, plus a reserved seat to see headliner, Girl in a Coma at the House of Blues Main Stage at 10:15pm.
August 23, 2013
– Interview with Fat Tony
July 26, 2013
– The Official Music Awards Showcase After Party will be at MKT BAR from 11pm - 2am for a DJ set featuring FTRPRTY W/ CHNNLZ & FLCN FCKR: An Audio and Visual Experience.
July 16, 2013
– The schedule
has been announced. Check out where and when your favorite bands are performing at the Showcase.
July 10, 2013
– The Awards Ceremony will be held at Warehouse Live on Tuesday, Aug 6th. The event is free and open to the public. RSVP to the Ceremony
July 9, 2013
– Some of the performing bands have been announced! Check out the band page for a list of the local bands that will be at the 25th Music Awards Showcase on August 4th. More band announcements to come. Keep checking back for more bands added to the line up.
July 8, 2013
– Tickets will be on-sale at 10am on Friday, July 12th.
July 7, 2013
– RSVP to the Showcase and share with your friends on Facebook
June 4, 2013
– The Ballot is now open! Vote on the VOTE PAGE. Read more on the Rocks Off